Although I enjoy working with PPH, a few additions would be great for freelancers:
1. Placeholder bids: As lot of projects on PPH lack the relevant information to give a proper price, we need to be able to place a placeholder bid based upon assumptions in the bid. The buyer then cannot award the bid to the freelancer until the placeholder bid is confirmed to be OK.
2. Auto watermarking for your uploaded portfolio assets. I sometimes forget to add a watermark to every asset, so upload a template watermark and have it
added to every asset as we upload it.
3. Complaints transparency. Any outstanding complaints (cancelled projects, unpaid invoices, unfinished work) viewable by freelancer & buyer. This would encourage buyers and freelancers to play nicely.
4. Pricing guidelines for buyers. Some (any!) guidelines for buyers as to what to set a bid at, like tradespeople’s websites do. Maybe have minimum prices for certain types of work.
5. Editable copy in bids. Ability to edit a bid description (not the price obvs) after you’ve placed it because of spelling errors etc before a buyer has seen it. Once a buyer has seen it, it’s locked.
6. Once the buyer has seen your bid it should be visible to the freelancer that they’ve done so.
7. When I don’t win the bid and you say it’s been awarded to someone else, it would be great to know how much the winning bid was for, so I can adjust expectations for next time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.