CERT is our official ranking algorithm. Think of it as a shiny TripAdvisor badge or a special qualification showing potential buyers that you are trustworthy, experienced and professional.
A. What does CERT stand for?
Content – Engagement – Repeat Usage – Trust.
- Content that is created by freelancers should be consistent, clear and professional.
- Engagement is the way in which freelancers interact with buyers.
- Repeat Usage is about retaining buyers.
- Trust is about authenticity, endorsements, and validation.
B. Why do we use CERT?
We use CERT to reward highly-qualified freelancers so that they get the most exposure to buyers.
The higher the quality work you do, the more we reward you and the higher your CERT level.
C. What do we define as high quality?
There are several factors which we take into account when awarding CERT. This includes:
- Quality of work
- Number of jobs completed
- Professional ability
- Response time
- Track record
D. How are CERT levels broken down?
CERT ranges from 1-5 with 1 being the lowest and 5 the highest. 0.5% (around 200) of freelancers will even receive a Top CERT badge which is as good as it gets in terms of CERT.
CERT is a continuous process and freelancers receive a badge on their profile which shows buyers which level they are on.
- CERT levels
CERT is a continuous score that works in the background. However, to make it easier for people to understand, we have broken it down into levels. Freelancers get a badge on their profile to reveal their CERT level.
- CERT 1: You can get here without earnings by showing you are a promising prospect.
- CERT 2 & 3: You must have earnings through the site.
- CERT 4-5: You must have continued earnings, plus a high-quality score.
- TOP CERT: Limited to the top CERT scored for the last 30 days rolling.
Still Need Help?