There is no registration / sign-up fee, fees to search for projects, or even to post an offer.
Therefore, PeoplePerHour charges the freelancer a service fee on earnings as follows:
- Over £5000-lifetime billing per buyer: 3.5% (excl. VAT) service fee
- Between £250 and £5000-lifetime billing per buyer: 7.5% (excl. VAT) service fee
- Below £250-lifetime billing per buyer: 20% (excl. VAT) service fee
Please also note:
- The minimum payment made using auto-pay or per hour contracts is £6 (excl. VAT).
- The minimum service fee per invoice is £1 (excl. VAT).
How do I claim the VAT back?
All Users are provided with a statement at the end of each month showing their net effective commission fee in their ‘Payments' section on the Website.
If you are trading in the UK you can get VAT registered which allows you to claim back VAT from HMRC quarterly.
To find out how to get VAT registered please visit: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/start/register/
Still Need Help?